Study Abroad in Morocco with IES Abroad

Interested in studying Arabic in an off-the-beaten path destination? Studying abroad in Morocco may be for you. With numerous cafes, boulevards and places to explore, Rabat is an intriguing destination for the adventurous student. The IES Abroad program in Rabat, Morocco allows students to study Arabic at beginner, intermediate and advanced levels.

With opportunities to interact in Arabic with your classmates and over dinner at your homestay, students will find many opportunities to immerse themselves in the local Moroccan culture. If studying abroad in Morocco sounds right to you, why wait? Apply now to study Arabic abroad in Rabat, Morocco with IES Abroad.

GO: Why did decide to study abroad with IES Abroad in Morocco?

Sean Riding a Camel
Sean Riding a Camel
Sean: I started studying Arabic the year before I left and I knew that I wanted to study in the Middle you East or North Africa. I narrowed my search down to Morocco because I loved its mix of Spanish, French, Islamic, and Berber cultures. When it came down to searching for programs, I looked for a program that was not too structured or academically demanding, but still at least putting some "study" in the study abroad. IES Rabat hit a very good balance, forcing us to get up for 8 am Arabic class every day but otherwise being fairly relaxed. The optional trips were a great deal for the price offered and I really enjoyed the support they seemed to offer.

GO: What made your study abroad experience unique and special?

Sean: The most unique part of my study abroad experience was my homestay family. They were incredibly warm and welcoming to me and treated me like a son. They gave me my space when I wanted it but I also joined in on some of their family activities and although it didn't ever totally feel like I fit in, they eased the transition very well.
Living in the old city of Rabat was something interesting as well; most of the houses here, though nice on the inside, looked quite old and worn on the outside. Most of the medina dwellers weren't incredibly Westernized like those living in the suburbs, so it really felt like we were living somewhere different that not many other study abroad students really got to experience.

GO: How has this experience impacted your future?

Sean: Personally, studying abroad completely changed how I see the world and how I fit into it. We really do have something to learn from everyone, no matter how different our superficial cultural differences may seem. Living with a family and interacting within their day-to-day lives really sent this point home for me.
A beautiful Moroccan sunset
A beautiful Moroccan sunset
As for my future, I know that I can do almost anything now that I spent a few months in Morocco after never leaving the US before. A test or presentation seems like small potatoes compared to diving head first into a life I've never experienced.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario